Top tips to ensure a pleasant rental experience
Below are just a few top tips to ensure your vehicle hire goes to plan, if you have any questions please feel free to ask, we are here to help!
- Pay any tolls or charges as soon as they happen, its easy to forget! If you have a passenger get them to pay online as you go along.
- Please do not allow pets into our vehicles, you may incur a anti allergy valeting charge
- Try to reverse into parking spaces if you’re in a van, its much easier to drive out and you can see the traffic coming
- Thanks Mate! – Use your passenger as a ‘drivers mate’ get them to jump out and assist with any reversing manoeuvres.
- Don’t panic if you see yellow warning on the dashboard, modern vehicles provide a lot of information to the driver and unless it’s a red light there’s normally no need to stop
- The air conditioning will leave puddles of condensation under the vehicle particularly in hot weather – this is not a sign of a fault
- Don’t be afraid to adjust the mirrors, rear view mirrors are crucial in a van and you need to be able to see obstacles to avoid them
- Keep it down! Loud music can be fun but also hide the sound of the parking distance sensors beeping – after the beeps stop there will most likely be a dent.
- The heated rear windscreen button – might seem irrelevant in a van with no back window but actually heats the mirrors - helping to keep them clear on a rainy day
- Try not to rush, its cheaper to pay another days rental than replace a wing mirror
- Wave at other Happy Hirers, its good for the soul.